Maintaining a good oral hygiene has become even more important for people who wear braces. Dental braces have small spaces where plaque and food particles get trapped, which if not cleaned, can lead to enamel staining as well as tooth decay around bands and brackets.
Make sure to brush properly after each meal with a soft bristled toothbrush and toothpaste that contains fluoride. Rinse your mouth thoroughly and look in the mirror to check if they are clean. Use a floss threader to floss properly between braces as well as under wires. Moreover, visit an experienced dentist at Brighton Implant Clinic to have the teeth cleaned every five to six months to keep the teeth and gums healthy.
How to Take Care of Your Braces?
Here are the following steps that will make brushing and flossing effective and simple:
- Prepare to brush by taking off elastics as well as other removable parts of the orthodontic appliance.
- Use the brush at an angle of 45-degree to clean around the pins and wires of the braces. Make sure that all debris and plaque are removed by brushing from the top as well as the bottom of every wire.
- Brush every tooth separately and brush in a circular motion for about 10 seconds.
- Use super floss to floss your teeth at least once a day. Super floss is a kind of floss that is designed to clean around braces. Get help from a dentist on how to use super floss.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and check the teeth. Your teeth and braces should shine, sparkle and feel clean.