Chronic bad breath is embarrassing and is often considered difficult to get rid of. Bad breath or halitosis occurs due to bacteria in your mouth. People experiencing chronic bad breath are required to consult an experienced dentist at a dental implant clinic UK to get proper treatment of their chronic bad breath. Here are some ways that you should follow to get rid of chronic bad breath:
- Watch what you eat, because there are certain foods that can lead to bad breath. Stop eating the foods that are causing bad breath and notice if your condition gets better.
- Practice proper dental hygiene if you aren’t already doing so. A good dental hygiene includes brushing your teeth after every meal, and before sleeping at night. Brushing should be followed by flossing the teeth and rinsing the mouth with a mouthwash. Make sure to consult your dentist about your daily oral healthcare routine if you wear dentures.
- Avoid tobacco, coffee and alcohol. Cigarettes, cigars, snuff and chewing tobacco not only lead to bad breath but can also cause gum irritation as well as periodontal disease.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking 8-9 glasses of water every day. Chew sugar-free gum to keep the mouth moist and free from bacteria and food particles.
- Visit a highly experienced dentist at Brighton Implant Clinic to rule out gum infection or other oral health conditions that might be leading to bad breath.