Why is Emax Ceramic So Good?
IPS e.max is a porcelain system patented by Ivoclar Vivadent for totally ceramic restorations (free of metal) comprised of silicate glasses (lithium disilicate) and fluorapatite glass ceramics. At Brighton Implant Clinic it is the restorative material of choice for both natural tooth and implant restorations. There are many advantages to this great material over other types of ceramics in the market because it provides natural tooth like aesthetics and higher strength for function. Among its magnificent properties, we can mention:
- Biocompatibility, more even than dental alloys and aesthetic dental restorations such as composites.
- Compatibility in the degree of wear between the porcelain and the natural enamel, avoiding unwanted wear on natural teeth that are in contact with the antagonist porcelain.
- Flexural strength and fatigue resistance to masticatory forces, even greater than Zirconia porcelain when is used a monolithic lithium disilicate.
- Temperature stability, while passing through the baking process in the oven.
- The optical properties that e.max offers are superb. Unlike zirconia restorations which can be opaque in shade and colour, e.max offers not only great resistance but a variety of levels of translucency. This enables the restorations to mimic the colour and anatomical structures of natural teeth so that light scattering conditions are created (opalescence).
When is Emax Ceramic used in dentistry ?
Owing to the combination of all its advantages, IPS e.max lithium disilicate is a very versatile material used for a great variety of clinical cases:
- Anterior and posterior crowns
- Crowns on implants
- Veneers, inlays and onlays
- Three unit bridges in anterior zones up to the second premolar
For more details please feel free to Contact Brighton Implant Clinic or Call us on 0800 111 6623 .
Ready to make a change?
Schedule a free, no obligation consultation online today.